Sunday, March 18, 2012

Yellow Eyes~

"Clara. Clara."
I can hear the whispers slipping into my ears as I go deeper and deeper into the wooden forest. Feeling the shadows overpowering me with every step. But I don't have a choice.
I can feel the heat of the sun against my skin, but when I look up, all that I can see is darkness.
It's a strange thing, so I break for the cave I see hiding behind the overgrown plants that hang from off the rocks.
As I make my way through the darkness, I think about home.
My family, their faces. The boats that fly across the water in the summer. The smell of the ocean in my hair. But I'm pulled out from a sound. And just as I'm about to reach for another stone in the wall, for support from the odd ground, that's when I see them...the yellow eyes that glare at me with hunger.


1 comment: