Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Do You Remember?

Do you remember?
All the secrets? All the late nights of us dancing on roof tops?
I dreamed a memory last night, the one where you told me it could never work. The one where you pulled
 all the strings out of my heart, the ones that kept me from sinking to deep.
 
 And remember when I ran from your words?
I ran from what I believed was one of your foolish thoughts.
But you caught my eye that night as you chased me down the way, yelling for me to wait.
And when I got home, I swore your name, screaming at your beautiful face while tearing pictures printed in your name.
Oh how I wish I was yours. Because I never was.
Oh how I wish I could unravel every thought of you and me. Erase everything you made me feel.
But the one thing I won't be able to flee, are the memories you gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment