Monday, March 26, 2012

Finding My Goodbyes~

The morning is dim in my eyes as I look across acres of green and dark.
I know he's out there somewhere, watching me with those beautiful but gruesome eyes.
It's Monday. The day I'v been dreading for so long. The day of the goodbyes.
But I put on my boots and wrap my blue sweater around my stomach, bracing myself for the cold, anyway.
The air bites at my cheeks and finger tips as I walk through the grey woods.
Still crunching the new fallen leaves under my weight, I look behind me. I can still see the house, but it won't be long until all I see now, will be swallowed in fog.
Yet still, I face forward, only thinking about what I'm about to do. Not caring about what could happen, or if I'll even come back.
But with every step away from civilization, with every step, its closer to him, and that's all I need.  

No comments:

Post a Comment