Thursday, May 24, 2012

Racing To Nowhere~

"How fast can you run?"  For some odd reason, his question had made me smile.
"Fast," my fact had made him smirk.  I watched as his hand moved from his side to his hip. To his hip, to his neck to his lips.
 
"Show me," he said pulling his fingers just an inch from his mouth.
I could still see his flawless smirk behind his dark hand. His eyes studying mine like they were the only two things in this world, and if I knew Vince, that meant a challenge.
 
"Fine," I'd said, tilting my head to the side, "Race me."
And just like that we were off, racing into fields that held the smell of recently cut grass and the sight of an open sky above, holding nothing but a single cloud.
He hadn't even let me call go before his feet were already hitting the ground like lightening and his laugh howling to me from ahead.
I still won though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment