Tuesday, May 15, 2012

From Under the Sea~

I can feel my breath running out quickly.
The water blinding my eyes with salt.
I try to push my way up and out from it's grip –the tide– but it's too strong.
It has me, and it's not going to let go.
I watch my hands reach for the rippling sky above, praying that someone might come to my rescue. 
But no, the darkness just grows darker and the pressure just becomes more noticeable. 
I cant anymore. I have to, so I take my first breath I'v ever taken under water.
It is thick, not just in my lungs, but everywhere.
It is horrid and painful.
I try not to cry -can you even cry underwater?- I try to be brave, but brave has never been a history of mine, so I begin to scream.
I hear it through my ears. 
I hear the agonizing pain it holds. I feel it too. 
I feel my regret as it sinks in, and for this short time I have left, I despise myself deeply for what I'v done.
Can't you feel it? I hear a voice ask me as I let the water take me.
Isn't this what you wanted?
But it isn't, not anymore. I want to go home. I want my family.
But it's too late for that now, I am to a part of the ocean.
And it doesn't care what it does with me, whether throwing me around to rock after rock, or feeding me to the creatures I don't know to swim below.
I'm falling silently now.
My eyes are heavier and my limbs don't care about the sky above.
Actually, I should say can't care, they can't care, because they're too groggy to understand anymore.
So I let myself take one more breath, hoping that that will be the end, hoping that death will come.
It does.

No comments:

Post a Comment