Thursday, May 24, 2012

(I Love You) With Every Piece I Have~

Lauren:
He holds me. Just like you would a baby, cradling me in his arms while swaying side to side around the hospital room. I can feel my heart beat running slower every time I try and breathe, and my insides closing in with every step he takes.
And for right now, all I can seem to keep a grip on is how soft his sweatshirt is.
I lifelessly trace circles in the fabric with my finger, keeping my head resting on his chest while I do so.
 
Luke:
Her body is thin in my arms. Her weak limbs dangle as we sway. Her face is so pail and her lips are so blue I can barely tell its her, Lauren, the girl with the (literally) broken heart. And her eyes, she can barely keep them open. They're focused on me as I work my hardest not to cry.
Lauren:
He's afraid, theres no way you can miss it.
I watch his eyes. His dark, dark eyes, and how they never let mine drift, until now. But they'll open again, because he's not ready yet, even if I am. He's not ready to hear those high pitched screeches coming from those always lit monitors, and watch them turn off those loud machines that kept us awake every night while keeping me alive.
But they can't keep me alive anymore, the machines. My heart is to broken now, for them to keep my last breath from coming.
He knows, even if he tries not to. We both know, that no matter how hard he try's to keep me awake, I'm still going to die.
 
Luke:
Her heart beat's are slowing, her eyes are more heavy, her breathing is lighting into gasps. And all I can do is watch. All I can do is nothing as my girl gets stolen from me, right before my eyes.
Its soon, probably now, probably within these last few minutes we get alone.
Alone, without nurses, or doctors, or counselors. Just me and lauren.
And soon to be just me with a body I won't want to put down, because they're gonna pack her away, send her somewhere dark and scary. And then I'll have to face the truth about what has just happened.
No. Just one more moment. Just one more, then she can go.

Lauren: 
He's crying now. And I can feel my body going numb.
"I imagine it being just like falling asleep," a girl had told me while we sat, both waiting for our EKG tests. "I hope it's fast," that broke my heart, because I knew it wouldn't be fast.
I knew because I had been told everything I needed to know, because I had asked them to tell me.
I regretted it after, I don't regret it now. Because now I am prepared.
Oh how I wish Luke was there with me when they told me. Then maybe he wouldn't be as sad now.
I can't feel his sweatshirt anymore, so my finger drops into place. "I'm gonna let go now," I tell him with barely any voice.
 
Luke:
"I love you Lauren Craw, I love you with every piece I have."
Lauren:
Tears fall down my cheeks. Tears that belongs to me. "I love you too, Lucas Blue." 
Luke: 
"Okay, go now,"
Lauren:
So I go.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...this made me cry. no joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope that means it was good haha! Thanks for your comment =)

      Delete
    2. yeah it was awesome! Just super sad :) I've really enjoyed reading your little pieces lately.

      Delete
    3. Well thank you so very much! I really appreciate it =)

      Delete